As I sit here on Sunday night, I look to the busy week ahead. This includes individual appointments with students, some of whom I have previously had appts. with, as well as some high school visits. This is an exciting time for seniors to tie their loose ends together and make sure they are on track. This is also an important time for juniors to start doing visits and to start thinking about their senior year.
As a student myself, it sheds new light on the importance of my job. It is so exciting to visit the school that you could possibly end up going to, and the first person that you meet can play a huge role in this process. As an Admissions Advisor, I am sometimes the first person a student comes across when they come to Kirkwood Community College. I always hope to have that welcoming smile and the organized office, but in this busy world, that isn't always the case. I have days when I am rushed out the door and halfway to work, I realize I left my lunch sitting on the counter.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment